Re: [patch] cr-handling patch for get/write phonebook, updated

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: [patch] cr-handling patch for get/write phonebook, updated
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:55:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Len,

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Len Trigg wrote:

> Much thanks to Markus Plail, who helped me track down a bug in my
> cr-handling patch when writing phonebook entries. A missing
> null-termination was causing extra digits to be added to some
> phonenumbers.

The main problem with the patch is that it fixes one problem, but
introduces the other. You can't use '\n' sequence in the entry as it would
be treated as the <cr> character. Using your technique we would need to
escape all backslashes as well. Would you like to write a patch?

pkot
PS. Please follow the gnokii coding style, eg. use tabs for indentation