Re: [patch] cr-handling patch for get/write phonebook, updated

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: [patch] cr-handling patch for get/write phonebook, updated
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:06:53 +0200

>>> address@hidden 31 July 2002 01:17:50 >>>
> > The main problem with the patch is that it fixes one problem, but
> > introduces the other. You can't use '\n' sequence in the entry as it would
> > be treated as the <cr> character. Using your technique we would need to
>
> Goodness me, who's ever going to want to have "\n" sequence in their
> text ;-)

Well, 1 month ago I din't suppose that anyone uses '\n' in the addressbook ;-)

> > escape all backslashes as well. Would you like to write a patch?
>
> OK, the attached patch does this.

Cool, thanks. I don't think we need these test functions.

> > PS. Please follow the gnokii coding style, eg. use tabs for indentation
>
> The patch also includes a magic comment line at the top of the file
> that makes (x)emacs automatically adopt the gnokii coding style -- you
> may want to copy this line into other source files.

I'm afraid it's not a good idea to put it into the source files, as we should
add
vi(m) magic line as well, and probably some other. My xemacs automatically
uses this coding style :-). Anyway it may be a good idea to add this to the
CodingStyle file (if it isn't there already).

> The patch also includes unit tests for the escaping and unescaping
> functions. To call these, compile with debugging turned on and change
> the "if (0)" line in main to "if (1)".

I don't think we need these tests functions. Do we?