Re: [patch] cr-handling patch for get/write phonebook, updated

From: Len Trigg
Subject: Re: [patch] cr-handling patch for get/write phonebook, updated
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:17:50 +1200

> The main problem with the patch is that it fixes one problem, but
> introduces the other. You can't use '\n' sequence in the entry as it would
> be treated as the <cr> character. Using your technique we would need to

Goodness me, who's ever going to want to have "\n" sequence in their
text ;-)

> escape all backslashes as well. Would you like to write a patch?

OK, the attached patch does this.

> PS. Please follow the gnokii coding style, eg. use tabs for indentation

The patch also includes a magic comment line at the top of the file
that makes (x)emacs automatically adopt the gnokii coding style -- you
may want to copy this line into other source files.

The patch also includes unit tests for the escaping and unescaping
functions. To call these, compile with debugging turned on and change
the "if (0)" line in main to "if (1)".

Cheers,
        Len.