Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Thoughts/questions on Builder and Dunsink

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Thoughts/questions on Builder and Dunsink
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 22:38:42 +0100

Op Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:15:19 +0000
schreef Bob Ham <address@hidden>:

> Are there any other development decisions you've made in private that
> I should be aware of before I waste more time on pointless patches?

You're right that I said something about this on the mailing list.

In my previous mail I meant that there's a good chance of success that
they can be merged, not that it's definitive. As stated on the project
page [1], we first need to have a solution for merging distros, either
Builder-only ones or Builder + non-Builder ones. The former could be
integrated in Builder, the latter would be useful to merge Ucclia as-is.

I didn't know you were actively hacking on this. I didn't see a
buider_<username> bazaar repo on Savannah. I suspect you modified
Builder to make it more generic or better fit our current situation
(Debian instead of Ubuntu). We need to have those changes anyway, so
perhaps I can already merge a large part of your patches. I'm sure Eddi
will also be interested to compare with his changes. Can you please
share your changes?

[1] http://gnewsense.org/DevelopmentProjects/Gnewsense5