Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense teams, know your new homes

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense teams, know your new homes
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 23:11:15 +0200

Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo schreef:
I changed the info about the Website Translators and Local Communities
in the How to help page[1] of the wiki. What I did was to move the info
about the former into the list of projects of the later[2].

Each local community project in the list link to a page in English that
gives an overview of the community. I suggest to keep that page short.

Any suggestion about this change is welcome.

Bye!

1. http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp
2. http://wiki.gnewsense.org/CommunitiesProjects/CommunitiesProjects

Looking good. Contact info could also list the IRC channels and the names of the community coordinators. I hope the communities will also start some kind of local marketing team at some point. But you should probably let the communities fill out the details for themselves.

I don't know if all the community coordinators are on this list, so I suggest you also announce these community pages to the -users list, with a short explanation about the concept. That should spur the coordinators into filling them out and maybe attract some new (impressed) contributors. Unless, of course, you think there's even more room for improvement and you want to tweak it further before you make the announcement.