Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense teams, know your new homes

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense teams, know your new homes
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 21:31:38 +0200

Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo schreef:
Hello all!

In a recent mail[1] to gnewsense-dev I suggested the creation of wiki groups
for each of the teams listed in the How to Help page[2] of the wiki. I
received
positive feedback about the idea so I created the groups with similar layout
and initial information that you can change as you see fit.

Awesome! This could be the start of something beautiful. :'-)

Suggestions:
- The How to help page should be limited to an introduction to the teams. I'm not sure how different that should be from what it is currently, but it makes sense to move the list of members to the team pages.
- The status colors probably look nicer if they fill the whole table cell.

The Web site Translators groups and Local Communities didn't get wiki groups
because I'd like to suggest a change for those. I think we should list only
the
Local communities in the How to help page, but rename it to Localization
Team.
In the list of projects for this team we could put each of the Local
communities
that are already translating the Web site.

It's logical to have the translators as a subgroup or project of local teams. However, I see the local communities as much broader than just translating. They should be similar to Ubuntu's Loco Teams. Initially the teams probably mostly consist of translators, but if we confirm that situation by describing the teams as such then that limits their potential to grow beyond that.

With all these changes, in my opinion, we should deprecate the Current
projects
page[3] and tell people to create their projects in an appropriate team.

Agreed. I suggest that people remove the entry from Current projects when they've added it to the team page, so that we know when that page can be properly deprecated.