glue

Re: [Evolution] CALL FOR SPONSORSHIP: The Open Group Ware Project

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Evolution] CALL FOR SPONSORSHIP: The Open Group Ware Project
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 15:46:46 -0800

> I do think seeing beyond just server - anbd looking at it as a
> multi-server / multi-client / total interoperability thing would be
> advantageous.

As is starting to get to be the norm, I agree completely.

> Hopefully we will have a list + website for all this by monday.

The registration is in place, but the DNS propagation will take a day or
two.
DNS issues will keep it from working for most people).
I will start work on the website tomorrow morning and will at least have
some basic information in place.

> IMHO, OGS 0.1 might consist of:
>         * draft Level1 requirements doc
>         * draft Level1 client side API doc [1]
>         * any amount of existing source code towards these goals

Sounds resonable.

> Level1 - essentials
> Level2 - stuff above level1 like replication, etc.

Might change a bit after Level1 is getting worked on, but it sounds at
least ball park.

> [1] Is it just me or does anybody else think that your desktop, your
> browser and your office app (like say when doing mail merge or
> whatever) should all talk the same api so it all actually works?

OK, lets not get crazy! ;-)

Seek3r