Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: lessig.org site supporting Adobe's proprietary Flash f

From: Chris Lale
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: lessig.org site supporting Adobe's proprietary Flash format
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:08:45 +0000

Chris Croughton wrote:
[...]
> I don't know (personally) anyone with a
> Theora player installed (I assume some of the people on this list have),
> and few of them who would even know of what one is, but almost everyone
> I know has a Flash player installed (except me, I have neither).
> (Correction, I have VLC installed which apparently plays Theora files.
> I didn't know that, however, until I looked up the Wikipedia article on
> the format.)

I visited the theora link using Iceweasel (Debian's version of Firefox) and the
video started streaming immediately. I have Realplayer 10 installed. Apparently
this will also happen in Internet Explorer [1], although I don't have Windows so
I cannot test this.

[1] http://www.webware.com/8301-1_109-9736995-2.html

--
Chris.