[Fsfe-uk] Re: lessig.org site supporting Adobe's proprietary Flash forma

From: Jon Grant
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: lessig.org site supporting Adobe's proprietary Flash format
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:50:11 +0000

Hi Lawrence, thanks for your reply.

On 26/02/2008, Lawrence Lessig <address@hidden> wrote:
> there is a link on the site to download a Theora version.

I see you have added a Theora Link below the Adobe Flash error now:

http://lessig.org/blog/2008/02/on_why_i_am_not_running.html

Would you switch your default to a modern open format though?

I see there are many other Adobe Proprietary Flash files embedded into
your website(s):

1) http://lessig.org/blog/2008/02/remix_america.html

2) http://draftlessig.org/

3) http://lessig.org/blog/2008/02/10_minutes_on_whether_hillary.html
^ This page is also the buttress of Apple's proprietary QuickTime format too.

4) http://lessig.org/blog/2008/02/remix_america.html

Would you switch to a default strategy of providing your videos in an
open format? It seems rather a contradiction to the rest of your
online stuff, for you to go proprietary with Adobe! I find it pretty
embarrassing to have to ask you about it (and as you will recall it's
not the first time I've pointed it out to you). Having to pester
someone to "go open" when they are advocating it to others strikes me
as a very bizarre situation.

Finally, I'm going to ask you again about if you really are using
Apple proprietary Keynote and their proprietary Mac OS?

Thanks for your replies so far.
Kind regards, Jon
--
linkme: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jongrant