Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: lessig.org site supporting Adobe's proprietary Flash f

From: Lee Braiden
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: lessig.org site supporting Adobe's proprietary Flash format
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:30:58 +0000

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 16:07:38 Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Links to the mpeg4 and Theora files are immediately below the flash
>     version. they both immediately download the file.
>
> How about putting the Theora version first?
> That is the way to show you are really in favor of it.

This was my thinking too.  If one format has advantages for users, and others
have disadvantages or is associated with an old or ill-conceived way of doing
things, I think it's only right that the better format should be promoted,
and the lesser formats should be demoted to a "backwards compatibility"
or "legacy" page.  And I think that'd be nice terminology to use too, to
convey the message to the average user clearly.

--
Lee