Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates

From: Jon Grant
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 22:41:48 +0000

On 02/02/2008, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Jon Grant" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > I'm not sure what people desire - I'm not even sure that many people
> > > have even considered this.  [...]
> > If you're not sure, there isn't a requirement to reply to say that.
>
> I had hoped it might discourage people repeating the same unsupported
> statements.  It seems that it didn't.

Obvious points don't need evidence generally.. Necessitating it is
political slipperiness and discussion grandstanding that we don't need
on the list!

> > > BTW, there's no need to send me three off-list copies of list mail.
> > > That's almost offensive.
> >
> > I've no idea about that. Maybe you've got problems with your email
> > client/server? or the list server you admin did it? I don't see three
> > copies of my email in my sent folder, I followed convention and
> > emailed you in the to: with cc: address@hidden
>
> As far as I can tell, all of the parts under my control are working
> normally and three copies left Google with different Message-IDs.  If
> three copies weren't sent deliberately, then there was a(nother)
> Google bug.

Do you seriously believe I would bother to try to send you three
copies of an email? Do you  suggest your clients are being "offensive"
too? You've got some issues I can't even speculate about.

> [...]
> > It's a further waste of the list discussion to comment on such
> > trivialities though. I get dupes from time to time, and I just bin
> > them, it's not worth wasting my time quibbling about it. If there is
> > another "pointless" post I'll skip replying and figure out my email
> > killfile foo abilities ;)
>
> I think private killfiling's not an option for list admins.  The three
> of us are responsible for keeping the shared killfile and need to be
> conservative.  So I thought it worth noting that certain pro-htmlers
> were posting evidence-free repeats and doing silly email actions.

My killfile comment was about your email address. Your latest comments
about my "silly email actions" were the nail in the coffin for you I'm
afraid.

Fortunately I won't see any further emails from you now I've got my
killfile setup. There's no need to reply as I won't see it, your mail
will go straight in the bin folder.

Jon