Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Fwd: Software patents]

From: Ralph Janke
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Fwd: Software patents]
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:08:35 +0100

Phil Driscoll wrote:

I received a letter from David Bowe, one of my MEPs, just after he lost his seat in the recent election. Previously, in all the replies to my correspondence, he had been towing (regurgitating!) the Arlene McCarthy line. However, this last letter had the same kind of doublethink content as McCarthy's latest. It was as though he thought I would have forgotten all his previous talk of unifying the systems across the EU countries, and instead he was all fired up about how the council of ministers went against the Parliament's decision and that they (the council of ministers) would have a very hard time trying to get the bill through without the Parliament's amendments.

How funny... Did he forgot that T. Blair's government was voting in the Council for the directive ?

Maybe he should start to complain about this in his own party

Ralph Janke