Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Fwd: Software patents]

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Fwd: Software patents]
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:26:32 +0100

On 2004-07-22 19:25:39 +0100 Ralph Janke <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 10:58 +0100, Ian Lynch wrote:
This seems to be a standard letter sent out by Arlene McCarthy. [...]
I guess they final wake up and remember the EU parliament has some teeth ;-)

I thought it was the Conservatives who had forgotten (recent letter from Roger Helmer?).

[...] the ECJ will probably strike down [...]
I have still not found out what happens if the EU parliament would reject the current draft of the directive by the council. [...]

Please let us know when you find out.

Maybe it is time to continue the pressure on the MEPs and MPs in order to keep it going ....

Definitely. It's not over until it's over.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast