Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stalls at Marxism 2003
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:47:04 +0100

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 03:10:48PM +0100, Timothy Baldwin wrote:
> A paper petition againist the nazi that has been trolling on uk.comp.os.linux
> and elsewhere, calling that he should be banned from using the Internet.

That seems a little harsh. I've heard of "no platform", but that sounds extreme.
What has he been doing, making death threats?

If it's something actionable like that, he should be arrested, but otherwise I
could not support such a petition.

Besides, it seems to me that if he is truly being offtopic, moderation would
solve the problem quite nicely, as unlike spammers, he would go away after
finding
that his messages weren't even reaching the newsgroup. Why call for a personal
UDP when moderation would work just as well?

--
Robin

FSF clears the SCO fog: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/sco-statement.html