Re: [Freetype] Tahoma sub-pixel off in 2.1.4 and CVS?

From: Kaya
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Tahoma sub-pixel off in 2.1.4 and CVS?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:26:46 -0800

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 06:16, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > A comparison graphic is available here:
> >
> > http://kayalabs.com/images/tahoma.png
>
> The host is down currently.

Sigh - my DSL provider apparently isn't as reliable as they think they
are.  The site has been up for several days now - please try it again.

> > I'd include a screenshot from CVS, but rendering there broken in
> > other ways, and I fear it will confuse the issue.  Rest assured the
> > flaws are still there.
>
> There were many code changes between 2.1.4 and the current CVS.
> Please use the CVS for further reports.

Sure thing!  A comparitive CVS screenshot is located here:
http://kayalabs.com/images/tahoma_linux_subpixel_cvs-20040216.png

As I mentioned, there are some additional issues with rendering in CVS.

I'd love to get this cleared up - usually FreeType is amazing, but right
now this problem is really the only thing hindering me from using a
Linux desktop 24x7.

Kaya