Re: [Freetype] Problems with Mac dfont

From: Pavel Studený
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Problems with Mac dfont
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:08:08 +0100

I've tried the current version and it works. Thanks a lot for help. I
assumed that 2.1.5 is the latest version, however later I have discovered
2.1.7 on some mirror. I'm able to read most of the Mac fonts (may be all of
them) now. I assume it's impossible to read the Mac fonts on Windows because
of the different endians.

My notice to linking on MacOS X (you probably already know about that): when
you link the library with gcc option -lfreetype, the libfreetype.dylib is
used instead of libfreetype.a. This might make problems, since on most Macs
is some older version of freetype. I suggets "make install" to put the
dylibs somewhere else.

Pavel Studeny