Re: [ft-devel] An analysis of Librsvg

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] An analysis of Librsvg
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 01:55:40 +0000

Dear Vincent,

> Enligthenment, and more precisely the EFL (the libraries)

Thanks. Please let me confirm a few points.

* the supported elements
In my understanding, the parser of SVG document is implemented
in src/modules/evas/vg_loaders/svg/evas_vg_load_svg.c
(
https://github.com/Enlightenment/efl/blob/master/src/modules/evas/vg_loaders/svg/evas_vg_load_svg.c
),

I think the elements supported by this loader are defined by
are supported. Am I understanding correctly?

* input: xml support
If I can spot the location of the SVG document parser, it seems
that the parsing of SVG is helped by XML parsed in
src/lib/eina/eina_simple_xml_parser.c
(
https://github.com/Enlightenment/efl/blob/master/src/lib/eina/eina_simple_xml_parser.c
)

* output: efl_gfx
If I can spot the location of the SVG document parser, the
rendering of parsed SVG is done by _efl_gfx_path_XXX() in
src/lib/efl/interfaces/efl_gfx_path.c
(
https://github.com/Enlightenment/efl/blob/master/src/lib/efl/interfaces/efl_gfx_path.c
)

There is a comment "code adapted from enesim which was adapted
from moonlight sources". Are they based on FreeType2?

If I'm asked to rewrite whole of elf_gfx_xxx() to fit FreeType2,
simply I would respond "oh, too big, please modularize the
part just to support SVG, I would reconsider after seeing it".
Is it easy for EFL expert?

Regards,
mpsuzuki