Re: [ft-devel] An analysis of Librsvg

From: armin
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] An analysis of Librsvg
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 09:43:10 +0100

> what annoys me with resvg is that another compiler is needed. I guess that
for
> unix, there is no problem with package managers, as resvg is is already
> compiled. For (native) Windows, i will be a bit more complicated

I was thinking about that as well but what about using a different renderer
for Windows?  _If_ resvg turns out to be `the perfect' solution for Linux
that's a big big step.  Then, finding something else that's probably equally
perfect for Windows might be a better solution altogether than having one
thing that works `meh' across all platforms?  That's also the core idea
about FT's modularity.