Re: [ft-devel] Need clarification on font cutoff

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Need clarification on font cutoff
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 08:42:30 -0400

> Basically, there is no difference.  The bug might be either in
> FreeType or in your code, unveiled by a change in FreeType.  I can't
> tell.

Madana,

We need you to git bisect the bug, unless you can tell us how to reproduce it
(share code and font, or steps using Freetype demo tools). There is no other
way around it.

Looking at your edge artifacts, I can only speculate that your program deviates
from API and tries to be too smart with bitmap dimensions or positions instead
of just using what Freetype returns. You code is probably almost always right
so you tend to blame Freetype, which is natural but wrong.

Alexei