Re: [ft-devel] Need clarification on font cutoff

From: madana gopal
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Need clarification on font cutoff
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 06:01:58 +0530

I couldn't recollect the reason behind using version 2.8.1. Sure, I will give a try with a new version and update.

Thanks.

Regards,
Madan

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 1:41 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Also, we are seeing some light lines, or dots are coming in between
> characters for some x scale value (say 0.75) (this is also
> attached).  Do you have any inputs on how to address this extra
> dots/lines?

Is there a specific reason why you don't try the latest FreeType
version?  Chances are high that it was fixed in 2.9.1:

    - Emboldening of bitmaps didn't work correctly sometimes, showing
      various artifacts (bug introduced in version 2.8.1).

In the future, please make my life easier and use the latest release –
or even better, please try the current git version.