Re: [ft-devel] Need clarification on font cutoff

From: madana gopal
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Need clarification on font cutoff
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 10:47:30 +0530

Hi Werner,

Tried with version 2.9.1 of freetype and issue is seen. Attached are the images. We can see some dots near g,o,n in img1 and some underlines in img2.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Madan

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 6:01 AM, madana gopal <address@hidden> wrote:
I couldn't recollect the reason behind using version 2.8.1. Sure, I will give a try with a new version and update.

Thanks.

Regards,
Madan

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 1:41 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Also, we are seeing some light lines, or dots are coming in between
> characters for some x scale value (say 0.75) (this is also
> attached).  Do you have any inputs on how to address this extra
> dots/lines?

Is there a specific reason why you don't try the latest FreeType
version?  Chances are high that it was fixed in 2.9.1:

    - Emboldening of bitmaps didn't work correctly sometimes, showing
      various artifacts (bug introduced in version 2.8.1).

In the future, please make my life easier and use the latest release –
or even better, please try the current git version.