fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] windows install -- 'fab' is not recognized ...

From: Willem Hoek
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] windows install -- 'fab' is not recognized ...
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:12:23 +0200

Many thanks
That did solve the problem

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Oct 2009, at 12:34 AM, James Pearson <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Willem Hoek <address@hidden> wrote:

Just re-loaded Win XP and installed my dev tools -- including Fabric.
When trying to run 'fab' from the MS-DOS command prompt, I get
'fab' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

from python I can see Fabric, because' import fabric' is working OK (?)

I believe it might be related to sys path but even after google searching / tweaking of path, I am still unable to solve.
Any pointers will be usefull.

The default path for the executables created by setup.py to go in is C:\Python25\Scripts , for Python 2.5 on Windows.  You should be able to navigate into there and see (and run) the script, and if that works, add it to your PATH.

--
James Pearson
 - Alan Kay