fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] windows install -- 'fab' is not recognized ...

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] windows install -- 'fab' is not recognized ...
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:28:08 -0400

Hi Willem,

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Willem Hoek <address@hidden> wrote:

> When trying to run 'fab' from the MS-DOS command prompt, I get
> 'fab' is not recognized as an internal or external command.
> from python I can see Fabric, because' import fabric' is working OK (?)
> I believe it might be related to sys path but even after google searching /
> tweaking of path, I am still unable to solve.

I'm afraid I don't use Python on Windows myself so I can't be of too
much help there. I *assume* that, like on Unix platforms, the setup.py
install process drops a copy of the "fab" script onto some globally
shared binary path -- but I have no idea where that would be.

There are other Fabric users on Windows, too, so hopefully one of them
will see this thread and be able to at least tell you what path their
own "fab" appears to be sitting on, which should give us a clue.

I'd do some Googling of my own but I'm kind of pressed for time at the
moment :( I'm hoping to push out Fab 0.9 final this weekend and part
of that process may be trying to set up Python on a Windows VM to test
installation -- if I get to that point I'll let you know what I find.

Best,
Jeff