fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] windows install -- 'fab' is not recognized ...

From: Akira Li
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] windows install -- 'fab' is not recognized ...
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:26:41 +0400

Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> writes:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Willem Hoek <address@hidden> wrote:
>> When trying to run 'fab' from the MS-DOS command prompt, I get
>> 'fab' is not recognized as an internal or external command.
>> from python I can see Fabric, because' import fabric' is working OK (?)
>> I believe it might be related to sys path but even after google searching /
>> tweaking of path, I am still unable to solve.
>
> I'm afraid I don't use Python on Windows myself so I can't be of too
> much help there. I *assume* that, like on Unix platforms, the setup.py
> install process drops a copy of the "fab" script onto some globally
> shared binary path -- but I have no idea where that would be.

Hi,

This might help:

1. Add Python's "Scripts" directory to %PATH% environment variable (look
for \PythonXY\Scripts directory).

2. Find out what extension has the fab script (it is most probably .py
or .bat) and add this extension to %PATHEXT%. It will allow you to call
fab without specifying the extension.

I don't use python on Windows either so there might be some other issues.

--
Akira.