Re: [Enigma-devel] Improved version of Sentry Duty level

From: Moon Pearl
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Improved version of Sentry Duty level
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:32:17 +0200

>I like the idea of having another difficulty level -- I doubt it would
>be used much, but it would give level developers some way to make
>really hard levels (with multiple difficulty levels) that could be
>completed at a lower difficulty setting without implying that the
>levels played at that setting is "easy."

Two difficulty levels are already too many to me! I am so used to playing
Oxyd, I always forget there is an easy mode, and before I can remember I
have already solved the landscape in normal mode! I don't often use these
issues to create landscapes either. Not that I think that difficulty
settings are a bad idea; but it is clear to me that I wouldn't use a third
level at all.
I think it would be more sensible to reorder the level packs, as it has
already been suggested. We should put the easier first, and the more
difficult in the end, so that the difficulty raises gradually. We should
also consider that we in the Enigma project are all Oxyd fans, and used to
solving the harshest landscapes. But new players need time to acquire the
skills required to get through the nasty riddles we put on their way... ;-)
Making a meditation pack could be interesting, but first it would break the
rythm, and do we have enough good ideas for this ?

Aurore.