Re: [Enigma-devel] Improved version of Sentry Duty level

From: Karen Pouelle
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Improved version of Sentry Duty level
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:49:14 +0000

I agree with Moon Pearl about Easy and Normal difficulties being just
enough.  Typically, I only try Easy (if available) when I can not seem
to solve the level on the Normal setting.

However, it may not be difficult at all to teach Enigma to cycle
through the available difficulties when a level is selected - for
instance, if a level has Easy and Normal, the selections will be
available, but when there's only Normal, selecting Easy isn't
possible.   Once that's done, then if a level has Hard or Nightmare
settings also, they would be selectable.   So... basically, I'm mostly
for giving the level designers the option in the Enigma game engine to
do their best.

As for reordering the levels - I think it's now possible to do so
(with the indexname field in the index files) without Enigma
"forgetting" your best time after the move.  But how should we go
about re-ordering?  Will someone propose a re-ordering and we all give
feedback on it?

I do like the meditation levels being one in ten, and the largest
hardest level being the last.
All great suggestions - I just wonder how to go about putting them
into action now.

Karen  "Pretzel"