Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Report on emacs-wiki interwiki breakage

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Report on emacs-wiki interwiki breakage
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:32:49 +0100

Hi Michael!

Michael Olson wrote:
> I suspect that the `buffer-file-name' function did not know what to do
> when called from a temp buffer, so it returned nil.  Later on, a
> string-match call choked on that.  Since we know definitively the name
> of the buffer once we reach that point in
> `emacs-wiki-project-interwiki-link', I thought it best to pass that
> information (which is contained by the variable `tag') as an argument
> to `emacs-wiki-page-name'.

Agreed!  Excellent catch :-)

> BTW: I merged in several of Gary Vaughan's patches.

Excellent.  Thanks.  I'm working on the next libtool and m4 releases at
the moment, but hopefully I'll get back to finishing my directory tree
support for emacs-wiki in September... It would be cool if Sacha and I have
synched trees by then, rather than me diverging even more...

> 2004-08-26  Michael Olson  <address@hidden>
>
>       * emacs-wiki.el (emacs-wiki-extended-link-regexp): Merged from
>       Gary's branch; it allows the first part of an extended link to
>       have whitespace in it.  I'm not completely sure this is the
>       correct behavior, since I couldn't find mention of it in any
>       changelogs.

Quite the opposite:

"\\[\\[\\([^][ \t\n]+\\)\\]\\(\\[\\([^][\n]+\\)\\]\\)?\\]"

This is a complement charset:  [^][ \t\n]

It matches any character except `[', `]', ` ', `\t' and `\n'.

>       (emacs-wiki-project-interwiki-link): Reordering of
>       `with-emacs-wiki-project' and combination of let statements.  From
>       a patch sent by Mark Triggs, which was slightly modified to remove
>       an extra set of parentheses.

Commited to my branch as patch-20.

Cheers,
        Gary.