Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notificati

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notification
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 10:47:42 -0800

> But if there is a good reason for that, fine. I don't have a problem with
> putting it in a library that uses a prefix for everything - as long as the
> prefix is not `cl-'. I really don't see why `cl-' would not be reserved for
> emulation of Common Lisp constructs (and their implementations).

I think you've swayed me by your arguments for consistency, Drew. I tend to
fear being unnecessarily rigid in things, but sloppiness does not serve us
either. If there are functions in cl-*.el that have nothing to do with the
advertised purpose of the cl modules, then maybe it would be better to have
another module for them to live in. Can you please re-open the issue?