Re: Integrating new "GNU Emacs Contributing Guide" into Emacs web pages.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Integrating new "GNU Emacs Contributing Guide" into Emacs web pages.
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:13:19 -0500

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
>In principle, no, though without having read it yet I'm not sure it
>makes sense to have both this _and_ etc/CONTRIBUTE (which is already on
>the website). I imagine you just upload it and change the CONTRIBUTE link
>to point to it.
>(Also note that Xue Fuqiao has commit rights.)

Oh, silly me -- Xue can do this!  Why don't we ask Xue to integrate it
now, however he thinks best, and then any of us who want to make edits
on it (and/or tweak etc/CONTRIBUTE accordingly) can then do so.  This
document covers more more than etc/CONTRIBUTE does.  In the long run, I
think it makes sense for etc/CONTRIBUTE to be replaced by this doc, and
for the former to just point to the latter for link compatibility.

>Normally we use Texinfo. This will give HTML that matches the format of
>the other pages. Normally the source would live somewhere in the normal
>Emacs repo, and the HTML in the CVS repo. HTML only is fine for web-only
>documents.

This makes sense to me.

>PS "incredible adventure"? Bah humbug.

Oh it is, it is.