RE: GNU Emacs Contributing Guide

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: GNU Emacs Contributing Guide
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:51:14 -0700

> >The question now is, what is the future of this guide?  I have some
> >thoughts:
> >
> >a) Continue maintaining this guide by myself;
> >b) Register a new project on Savannah;
> >c) Integrate in into Emacs website and let it maintained by
> >   Emacs Dev;
> >d) Convert it to Oddmuse text formatting rules and create a page
> >   on Emacs Wiki;
> >e) Convert in to Texinfo (using ox-texinfo.el) format, and make it
> >   an Emacs manual (or a node of an Emacs manual).
>
> Thank you for putting this together!

1+

> IMHO (c) makes the most sense, as that seems like an appropriate
> place for it.  If not, then (d) and we can just remember to point
> to it in the wiki.  But the ideal place for it to be findable
> from would be http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/, which is what
> I assume you mean by (c).

An Info manual and a web page are both important, and the wiki can point to the
latter.  IOW:

1. I like option (e).  And link to it from the Emacs manual.
2. And also (c).  IOW, put it on the web somewhere too.

If (c) is done then the wiki can point to it elsewhere on the web (and to
specific parts of it) without any need for (d).