Re: GNU Emacs Contributing Guide

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs Contributing Guide
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:30:35 -0500

xfq <address@hidden> writes:
>And Stafan said that there is not a good welcome guide.[fn:2] So I wrote
>a welcome guide[fn:1] to reduce this kind of questions and give
>potential contributors a map on it.  Many ideas in this guide are from
>etc/CONTRIBUTE and admin/notes.
>
>The question now is, what is the future of this guide?  I have some
>thoughts:
>a) Continue maintaining this guide by myself;
>b) Register a new project on Savannah;
>c) Integrate in into Emacs website and let it maintained by Emacs Dev;
>d) Convert it to Oddmuse text formatting rules and create a page on
>Emacs Wiki;
>e) Convert in to Texinfo (using ox-texinfo.el) format, and make it an
>Emacs manual (or a node of an Emacs manual).

Thank you for putting this together!

IMHO (c) makes the most sense, as that seems like an appropriate place
for it.  If not, then (d) and we can just remember to point to it in the
wiki.  But the ideal place for it to be findable from would be
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/, which is what I assume you mean by (c).

I don't have edit rights on (c), as far as I know, so I hope someone
who does agrees with this.

-Karl