Re: Right Alt/Meta keys on Windows systems

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Right Alt/Meta keys on Windows systems
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:54:17 +0100

Paul Pogonyshev wrote:

That's OK, but they don't work the same for Lennart, right?  I'm arguing,
that since it is system setting, Emacs shouldn't override it.
I apologies for any confusion I have added here when I tried to answer. My concern was with using the left Alt key for the menus in Emacs and instead use the left and right Windows keys for META in Emacs. I have no problem with the right Alt key (AltGr).

My patches allows the usage I told above. This way Alt is used the way it usually is used on w32. Using the menus is otherwise a pain. But instead I sacrifice the use of the left and right Windows keys. For me this is far better since I use the menus much more often when the Windows keys. (In fact I never use the left and right windows keys - except in Emacs. I use Ctrl-Esc instead.)