Re: Right Alt/Meta keys on Windows systems

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Right Alt/Meta keys on Windows systems
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:55:00 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:27:00 +0100
From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

The problem is still there. I proposed a solution quite a while ago but it was decided that it was too close to next release of Emacs. In the mean time I have a patch for this which I and I believe others have been using since this summer. Go to

   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html

to find out more about my patch. You can find binaries there with and without this patch. Last patched version is from 2005-12-18 (there is actually one from 12-25 too I believe but I have not had time to move it to its final location yet).

Isn't it true that your patches referred to the lwindow key, not to
Alt?
Oops... - sorry, you are right! My patch allows the use of the left and right windows keys as META. This leaves Alt to the menus as in other w32 appls.