edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] Talking points for FLOS Software at universities

From: Massimo Mancini
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] Talking points for FLOS Software at universities
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 05:39:32 +0200

Hi Thomas,
I am a math teacher in a tech italian high school.
I am involved in various open source projects.
You can find tons of arguments about your question. But I think the
most important is freedom.
Freedom to teach, freedom to learn, free to decode and analize, free to
experiment without the need of
some authorization... no burocrazy at all, no risk of legal issues for the
teacher or for student (especially for students). Anyone can share and
distribute the software they use. The freedom is priceless....

Massimo Mancini
www.saraceno.org
www.reteisi.org