Re: [Duplicity-talk] Deprecation of pydrivebackend

From: Chris McGinley
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Deprecation of pydrivebackend
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 12:36:17 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks Edgar.

Here are some thoughts on the GDRIVE man page notes (I used the Google My Drive approach with a regular user account) -

1. The target URL can be found in the downloaded JSON (i.e., GOOGLE_CLIENT_SECRET_JSON_FILE) as the client_id property.
2. MyDriveFolderID can be found by observing the URL when accessing your destination folder

For example: gdrive://11111111-ab123cd456ef789.apps.googleusercontent.com/mylaptop?myDriveFolderID=xyz987uvw654
 * where 11111111-ab123cd456ef789.apps.googleusercontent.com was found in the downloaded JSON file, xyz987uvw654 is the parent folder ID found from browsing to Google Drive backups folder, and mylaptop is a subfolder of backups

Also note, if migrating from pydrive, do not point GOOGLE_CREDENTIALS_FILE at the pydrive credential file; it should point to a new (and non-existing) file destination.

Best.
Chris