dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] SystemIcons

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] SystemIcons
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:49:10 +1000

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 09:41 am, Carl-Adam Brengesjo wrote:

> When we're now talking icons in/with pnet... How to set the icon for the
> actual program? (the icon which is displayed in Explorer when browsing a
> folder etc. in Windows). If it's even possible with pnet [yet], that is.

That uses Win32 resources, not .NET resources, which is annoying.  There is
some beginning code for this in "pnet/image/winres_writer.c", but more work
is required to complete it.  Some code is also needed at the bottom of
"pnet/ilalink/link_res.c" to make the "-fwin32icon=filename" option work for
the compiler.  The documentation for the Win32 resource format can be found
in the usual MSDN locations (it usually comes with Visual Studio).

Cheers,

Rhys.