Re: Graphical Installers

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Graphical Installers
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:40:28 +0100

Hi Wim,

On Nov 21, 2005, at 8:15, Wim Oudshoorn wrote:
Personally I find it amazing that someone who wants to install
GNustep on Windows does NOT use the windows installer.  The
installer is so much simpler.  If you want a CVS version
of GNUstep I would use the installer for the whole build environment
and just checkout the GNUstep source and rebuild.
But thats me, I am a lazy kind of person.

I think this is because a lot of black magic is involved which you understand but others don't :-)

A document which explains in a very detailed way how the installer works and what it actually does would definitely be helpful.

Right now I would probably also start "from scratch" to understand whats going on (somewhat required if I want to actually use it ;-)

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/