Fwd: OpenOffice.org on OS X and GNUstep

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Fwd: OpenOffice.org on OS X and GNUstep
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:46:41 +0800

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rogelio Serrano <rogelio.serrano@gmail.com>
Date: Nov 18, 2005 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: OpenOffice.org on OS X and GNUstep
To: John Davidorff Pell <jpell.lists@mac.com>

On 11/18/05, John Davidorff Pell <jpell.lists@mac.com> wrote:

I agree, but I think you forget: Users don't want development, they
want it to work. Now. In order to be adopted by Users, GNUstep needs
to have a stable API and infrequent (every 6+ months?) jumbo
releases. The stable API is so that developers need not know a damn
thing about GNUstep (the environment) in order to code for GNUstep/
OpenStep (the API).

JP

Problem with jumbo releases is that they contain bugs thats hard to debug. frequent releases with smaller changes are easier to debug. And less likely to contain features that the users dont need.

I dont think a rapidly changing api would be an issue too. We are open source and anybody can get the source anytime. And the problem with compilation from source is already being addressed.

--
SMS Global Ltd Short Message Service For Seafarers

--
SMS Global Ltd Short Message Service For Seafarers