Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:12:31 +0200

In article <mailman.5759.1098954192.2017.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

> no, you need to compile your own gcc (perhaps the next apple's gcc will
> include the gnu runtime properly, but for the moment..)

 I doubt it. Their runtime seems to work, so either they'd say: We need
feature X in the GNU runtime, lets switch over completely, or they'd
stick to their runtime. Having two runtimes only doubles the maintenance
effort. I guess the only option in that case would be to change GNUstep
to work with Apple's runtime, if that is possible at all.

> the one in the makefiles docs, README.Darwin

 Is there any chance of maybe putting that up on the web site along with
the other docs? It's kinda awkward to have half the docs in one place
and half in the other, and personally, before trying out such a complex
installation, I will usually want to read everything beforehand once to
make sure it's something I can do with my current setup.

> hm, I remember that gnustep used to *not* work properly on previous OSX
> versions, and it started to work -- I think -- on Jaguar.
> If i'm wrong and if you can, just install Panther, as it definitely
> work on it ;-)

Thanks, I'll pursue that venue.

-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de