Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: *Any* way to getting GNUstep on a G4 ???
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:18:21 +0200

In article <mailman.5690.1098931562.2017.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:

> Are you sure that when you built libffi, it was built using the gcc332
> compiler and not Apple's cc compiler? This sort of error tends to occur
> when one library is built with a different compiler (version or type)
> than the other libraries.

 The problem was that libffi is needed to build gcc-3.3.2 in the first
place. So it's not quite possible to do that.

> Also, I built libffi from the gcc-3.3.2 distribution and didn't try to
> take it from a different compiler version.  I don't know why some one
> recommended that. It seems like a bad idea.

 It wasn't included in the 3.3.2 distro back then, that's why Carl Eugen
suggested to use the one from the GCC Java distro.

> P.S.  I can run GNUstep and MacOSX apps on my Mac at the same time, so
> I know it is possible.

 It's good to know others have gotten it working. I'll try this a second
time under Panther and if I get anywhere, I'll start bothering you some
more if I don't get it running. One of these installations just has
*got* to work.

Getting ready for another restart,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de