Re: Is GNUstep really cross platform? (was: FW: GNUstep on MS Windows (O

From: John Davidorff Pell
Subject: Re: Is GNUstep really cross platform? (was: FW: GNUstep on MS Windows (Oh boy...i've done it now!))
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 23:52:12 -0800

GNU's libobjc does not not-compile because it is broken. It is in no way broken. It compiles fine. I have built in numerous times during my attempts to build GNUstep. It has been turned off when building gcc. There is a VERY big difference. Anyone with commit to FSF's GCC CVS can fix this. Check your information before you question mine.

By GSCompat, I am assuming that you mean the "Additions", which is what they seem to be called on the web site and in the documentation. This is what you get when you do "make base=no add=yes". If this is not what you mean, then please correct me. GNUstep-GUI DOES NOT WORK WITH APPLE'S FOUNDATION AND THE ADDITIONS, IT NEEDS THE FULL GNUstep-BASE! Check your information before you question mine.

GNUstep was ABSOLUTELY designed to compile on 4.4BSD. It is a *nix just like any other. Because much of the functionality is already there does not mean that it should not work! Again, GNUstep-gui will NOT compile without the FULL GNUstep-base. Check your information before you question mine.

JP