Re: Debian and SimplyGNUstep

From: Eric Heintzmann
Subject: Re: Debian and SimplyGNUstep
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:06:13 +0200

        Hi Steppers

I plan to add a new GNUstep package in Debian.
It will be an empty package with a debconf entry which ask to users if
they want symlinks to GNUstep Domains, and if yes, where to add these
links ( for example: /, /GNUstep, /usr/GNUstep ... ).

I will start to work on it as soon as possible but I ve to finish
transition to art backend first.
After the Sarge release, I will try to make this new package enter in
the debian official tree (I m not sure that non LHS stuff can be
accepted in debian, even symlinks, but i will try...).

All suggestions and ideas are welcome.

        Eric Heintzmann, Co-Maintainer of gnustep-make, gnustep-base,
gnustep-gui, gnustep-back, gnustep-examples debian package and
Maintainer of gworkspace debian package.