RE: Debian and SimplyGNUstep

From: Vaisburd, Haim
Subject: RE: Debian and SimplyGNUstep
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:20:45 -0700

Eric Heintzmann <eric@gnustep.fr.st> wrote:

> It will be an empty package with a debconf entry which ask to users if
> they want symlinks to GNUstep Domains, and if yes, where to add these
> links ( for example: /, /GNUstep, /usr/GNUstep ... ).

> I m not sure that non LHS stuff can be accepted in debian...

What's the story and problem with /opt ?

I've thought it is allowed in Linux FHS and is good for packages that
do not fit into, let's say, standard separation of bin/lib/include.
GNUstep compiles by default into it (/opt/GNUstep).
It seems to me like a natural place for existing distributions.
What do you think?

Tima.