Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on Android

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on Android
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:36:50 -0400

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 3:28 AM, Vijay Galbaransingh <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Tom,

I have been following your notes on the wiki in an attempt to build a test
app (a dial tone flowgraph.) I'm hitting a snag on the ndk-build step
though -- when I use your example Android.mk listing, the linker isn't
finding any of the static libraries we built (gnuradio, grand, boost, fftw.)
Instead I'm getting a pile of undefined reference errors.

I tried editing the example Android.mk file by adding the following before
the shared library build:

include $(CLEAR_VARS)
LOCAL_MODULE := grand_static_lib #for example
LOCAL_SRC_FILES := /opt/grandroid/lib/libgnuradio-grand.a
include $(PREBUILT_STATIC_LIBRARY)

However I quickly realised that while there are only a few gnuradio
libraries to add this way, there are a ton of boost libraries... Is there a
smarter way to add all the prebuilt .a libraries at once? Or am I headed in
the wrong direction entirely?

Any tips appreciated,
Vijay

Yep, you have to add all of the libraries into the Android.mk file. I've updated the wiki:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GRAndApps

You can go there and simply download GrAndroid.mk that does all of this for you and include it in your Android.mk file. Just follow the instructions.

Hope that helps,

Tom