Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on Android

From: Vijay Galbaransingh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on Android
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 00:50:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys,

I am attempting to write an OOT module to be implemented on Android and am
finding myself out of my depth here.

As a first step I was able to make and execute my flowgraph on my android
device following the instructions on the wiki, using a file sink to store my
end result (demodulated string.)

Now I would like to create my own sink which takes char inputs and updates a
TextView object as they are ‘spat out’ by the flowgraph. I followed the
general instructions on the wiki for coding an OOT module/object, so
gr_modtool generated all the boiler plate code and I have modified it
accordingly.

Where I am hitting an issue is that I must pass JNIEnv* and jobject
arguments to my make (hence impl) functions in order to interact with the
TextView object in my work function… but when I try to build the module I
get the following error for example: “error: 'JNIEnv' has not been declared”,
and similarly for all the jobject, jclass, and jmethodID occurrences. It
would seem make doesn’t know how to find the JNI libraries (and I’m guessing
volk is missing too,) and I’m unsure how to tell it where to look. Any
thoughts? Or is there a smarter / less roundabout way altogether to display
my flowgraph output in my Android activity?

Thanks,
Vijay