Re: [Denemo-devel] Score Layouts appearing unexpectedly (was Re: A possi

From: rain
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Score Layouts appearing unexpectedly (was Re: A possible scheme script)
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 08:28:31 -0800

What is happening is that you have the preference labelled "Auto Save
Parts" set. This is badly named as it gives the impression it is
similar to Auto Save (which saves the score periodically in case you
get a power cut).

Lol, yeah, they are close together in the settings, but... The issue may have been avoided with more time spent reading the manual carefully. Or if I was more attentive, I would have noticed that the extra parts being saved alongside the file each time, was because I had changed that setting.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.

When this is saved the Quick LilyPond export creates score layouts for
each part and saves those too. I've added a warning the first time you
do this, and re-labelled the preference in the Change Preferences
dialog.

Thank you for spotting this and taking the trouble to report it.