Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 18:10:15 +0000

On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 08:53 -0800, rain wrote:

>   The downside of doing something like that is when you decide you
> want
> to make a musical edit - you can't import the markings you made in
> Inkscape back into the Denemo score.
>
> It so happens that if we were about to create the sort of markup you
> want we would create something that already exists in
> Denemo/LilyPond,
> namely the figured bass interface. This lets you put numbers above
> notes in the way you illustrated in the sample you sent.
>
> This is a sure fit for the situation.
> If there is a whole note on bottom staff, only one figured bass is
> allowed as a vertical stack of numbers

No, successive figures over a single bass note are normal, Denemo's
syntax for entering them is to separate them with the | character.
Denemo divides (as best it can) the duration in the LilyPond output
equally between the figure groups that are above one note, taking
advantage of any dotted note if it has three groups.