Re: [Denemo-devel] Tooltips - what am I doing wrong?

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Tooltips - what am I doing wrong?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:41:27 +0100

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 18:49:52 +0000
Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've pushed a fix that turns off tooltips on menus while leaving them on
> everything else (for GTK version >=3.10).
> Can you test if this makes a usable interface?

It doesn't, and I fail to see why it should...
(I backported the fix to 2.0.0 but I do not think that matters.)

Not setting a tooltip on the individual menus makes little sense if there's
still a tooltip on the menu bar itself.

Moreover, everything else, all buttons, all areas on the window, still have
tooltips, so there's really no difference with the unfixed version.

I'm afraid disabling all tooltips for Gtk >= 3.10 is the only option.

Maybe our Gnome3 friend on the list has a suggestion what mechanism should
be used instead of tooltips?

-- Johan