Re: [Denemo-devel] feature request

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] feature request
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 08:53:56 -0400 (EDT)

> On September 7, 2013 at 3:48 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>

> On Sat, 2013-09-07 at 07:12 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > But currently choosing one duration automatically selects that as
> > the prevailing duration, so they aren't much used I think. (I use a
> > MIDI
> > controller, which makes things different ...)

I haven't tried denemo with MIDI input yet; sounds like you are suggesting it's
definitely worth a try.  I just figured i'd still need to switch between
computer and music keyboards, often enough to diminish the advantage of "real
playing"

> ok, I just turned off my MIDI controller (by the way they are very cheap
> $40??) and I see this:

I have one; yes, very cheap (got mine for under $10, IIRC)  You do mean just the
midi-usb interface, right? (not including keyboard)

> type "a" you get a quarter-note A
> Type B, C, D more quarter notes
> type Shift-3 changes the D to eighth note
> type E F G more eighth notes.

I found the menu!  It's under Notes/Rests --> Select Duration.  So, now i have
it mapped to the key combo of my choice and am looking forward to flying with
denemo !!! (that was the only missing component, but it was only missing in my
head!). Just simply an AWESOME app!!

> Denemo was originally only a keyboard program, no mouse. There is almost
> nothing that needs a mouse - the View menu items cannot take short cuts,
> but if you spot anything else let me know.

fantastic