[Denemo-devel] feature request

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] feature request
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 21:56:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, guys.

(1)
Meant to write this months ago.  Call me crazy, but I'm going to make this
hyperemphatic statement (OK, maybe overreacting, but...)

I thought of a feature which would make denemo a killer app.  Well, OK, it
already is.  But its killing radius would expand big-time...

I'm talking about typing speed.

And this should be simple, coding-wise:  I want a keyboard way to switch
between/among duration values, which are now switchiable by mouseclick only
(AFAICT).

So, let's say I'm typing out a couple of bars that are full of quarter notes; i
want my "default"(?) duration to be quarter note. But the following three bars
are full of eighth notes, so I want to switch my default duration to "eighth".
Right now I've got to tear away from the keyboard, from the typing, and do a
click.  Tremendous slowdown. If I could switch with something like Alt+N (where
N is a number key from 0 through 6), I could really fly with denemo.  But having
to mouse-click kind of sucks.

(2) Is there a way to raise/lower a highlighted SERIES of notes, with a single
command, as opposed to having to do that one note at a time? (for example, when
I try to augment the pitch of multiple notes with a plus and minus, only one
note gets changed — the one the cursor is on)